Bensoc's Brighter Futures Program 1 July 2011
[Tamworth, 7-7-2011] A 2-Days Basic Marte Meo Training started at the 7th of July, 2011, in Tamworth. (See Maria's Marte Meo Trails on top of the home page). The days were organised by The Benevolent Society, Brighter Futures New England (NSW), in Australia. The Brighter Futures New England (Benevolent Society) defines their program on their website defined as follows:
»Brighter Futures New England is working with local families in the region to support them in caring for their children. We provide services and targeted support for children aged 0-8 years and their families as they address challenges that might otherwise place the children or family at risk. Services include:
- A professional worker to help identify the challenges and support to find ways to address them.
- Parenting programs to learn new skills and increase parenting confidence
- Home visiting to provide support for parents as they build parenting skills and develop an understanding or children's behaviour
- Access to quality children's services to encourage all aspects of children’s development
- Help to access other types of support families may need, like counselling or speech therapy.
We have staff based in Tamworth, Moree, Armidale, Inverell and Tenterfield and provide outreach services across the New England region, encompassing Armidale, Tamworth, Moree, Inverell, Narrabri, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Tenterfield, Walcha, Uralla, Warialda, Werris Creek, Manilla, Barraba, Bingara, Nundle and Bendemeer.
We are working with many local agencies to deliver Brighter Futures including family support services, health services, schools, Indigenous services and children’s services.
The Brighter Futures Program is voluntary and families must be referred by the NSW Department of Community Services, a community agency or individual such as a GP, childcare or community health worker. The NSW Department of Community Services funds the Brighter Futures program.
For further information:
Brighter Futures - Tamworth
15 Church St, Tamworth NSW 2340 | Australia
Tel.: (+61)-(0)2-6762 1344
Website Brighter Futures Program: click here